Here is a list of few questions you might want to consider before you start testing a software;
- What is the project? Describe the title and story line.
- Why is it required?
- Who is the targeted audience?
- How many types of users will the project have?
- What role each user type will play in module/project?
- How will the project benefit the users and target audience?
- What is the targeted environment?
- How many modules does the project have?
- What functionality will be performed by the project?
- How will each module interact with the other modules of the project?
- How will the data flow throughout the project and what impact or modifications will each modules have on it?
- Are you going to use any default functionality of the development environment? What is it? And how does it work? Please specify so we can exclude them from validations.
- What are the quality criteria of the project?
- Does the project/module require installation? If yes, please provide a user guide for installation procedure.
- How will the change request management be handled? Will it be documented?
- What are the risks associated with this project/module? How will that be handled?
- What will be the role of tester in the project?
- What exactly is the tester expected to do?
- What are the necessary resources (hardware, software and documents required to administer and execute testing â€“ Eg., Timer Job in Sharepoint) and the status for its availability?
- Test Documentation and execution will be done depending on the time availability and priority of the project/module (Priority for project/module should be decided by project owner (not client)).
Date: 04 April 2014